Terry Osborne, CEO
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Glassboro State College
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling, The University of Tennessee
- KCD Director of Community Services, 2007-2011
Terry became the CEO of Knoxville Center of the Deaf in November of 2012. A golf enthusiast, Terry is always looking forward to KCD’s annual Golfing with the Deaf tournament. He enjoys spending time with family, especially his new grandsons.
Craig Lemak, COO
- Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology from the University of Tennessee
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling from the University of Tennessee
- KCD Staff since 2012
Craig has professional experience in Vocational Rehabilitation, Public Relations, and Deaf Advocacy. He is an adjunct faculty member at UT in the ASL Program. When the weather is nice, Craig enjoys biking with his wife and 2 kids.
Janet Cheney, Scheduler/Interpreter
- Professional Interpreter Training from Maryville College
- KCD Staff since 1991
Having Deaf grandparents, Janet grew up in the Deaf community. She began interpreting professionally in 1978 and joined the KCD staff in 1991 as the Communications Manager. Janet now schedules interpreters for the 20+ counties served by KCD.
Becky Wood, Job Placement Coordinator/Special Events Coordinator
- Bachelor of Arts in ASL-English Interpreting from Maryville College
- Certification Candidate
- KCD Staff since 2013
Becky has worked with KCD for many years and in many capacities. Before becoming a staff Interpreter and Job Placement Coordinator, Becky was a KCD student intern, receptionist, contract interpreter, and EmerCorps Program Coordinator. In her down time, Becky enjoys life with her daughter, husband, dogs, and rabbit.
Dawn Munroe, Senior Interpreter
- BITP, University of Tennessee, 1992
- RID Certified since 1994
- KCD Staff 1992-2014, 2016-Present
Dawn has been working professionally within the Deaf community for over 20 years. Growing up with Deaf parents, Dawn has a unique ability to work with and understand clients. Her experiences make her a fantastic role model for all of our interpreters. In her spare time, Dawn can be found supporting the UT Vols and the Boston Red Sox.
Kaitlin Gentry, Interpreter/Webmaster
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education: Interpreting from the University of Tennessee
- RID Certified since 2018
- KCD Staff since 2014
Kaitlin has been with KCD since her internship in 2013. She received her professional sign language education from Pellissippi State, Maryville College and The University of Tennessee. Because Kaitlin grew up loving the Vols, she moved from New Jersey to attend college at UT. Her dogs, Reggie and Miss America, love living in Knoxville.
Paul Moore, Interpreter
- Currently enrolled at Pellissippi State Community College
- Pursuing Certification
- KCD Staff since 2017
Paul started working with KCD in 2012 as a freelance interpreter until he briefly moved to upstate New York. In New York, Paul worked for a few years as an interpreter before coming back to KCD as a freelance interpreter in May of 2017. Later that year, in September, he was hired by KCD as a staff interpreter. Paul is an avid Star Wars fan, and loves Halloween.
Monica Shimmin-Orr, DeafBlind Services Coordinator
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from Gallaudet University
- Master of Science in Leisure Service Administration from Gallaudet University
- Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Sunset International Bible Institute
- KCD Staff since June 2017
Before becoming a DeafBlind Services Coordinator at KCD, Monica spent most of her adult life as a student, employee and friend on the campus of Gallaudet University in Washington, DC. One of her jobs was as a part-time freelance DeafBlind Interpreter with Gallaudet Interpreting Services at Gallaudet University from 1992 to 2006. When she is not working at KCD, she enjoys working as an SSP and teaching individual ASL sessions to home-schooled students. In her down time, Monica enjoys spending time with her husband, her church family, and her 2 cats.
Jim Speegle, Business Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Tusculum College
- KCD Staff since 2012
Jim spent nearly 37 years as a Financial Controller for the Honeywell corporation. He has 3 children and 7 grandchildren and enjoys UT football and Western movies.
Becky Higdon, Business Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Photography from Pellissippi State Technical Community College
- KCD Staff since 1995
Even though Becky grew up with Deaf siblings, she pursued professional sign language training at Pellissippi State. Becky spends time enjoying outdoor activities with her family.
Kelsey Osborne, Receptionist
- KCD Staff since 2018
Kelsey is a great addition to our front office staff with her administrative experience. In her down time, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Kristopher, her two little boys, Benjamin and Oliver, 3 dogs and a cat. As a family, they enjoy going to UT Vol games, hockey games, and spending time outdoors.
Roz Lemak, Part-Time Receptionist
- Bachelors of Science in Home Economics
- M.P.H. Public Health
- M.S. Safety & Emergency Management
Roz worked for 15 years in Public Health Administration before coming to KCD. Roz became involved with the Deaf community after having a deaf child. She enjoys gardening in her spare time.
Rachel Brock, Administrative Assistant
- General Associate of Science from Pellissippi State
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration from King University
- KCD Staff since 2018
Rachel joined KCD in August of 2018 after spending several years living in Washington D.C while attending Gallaudet University. Now, she enjoys spending time with her husband and son.