At KCD, interpreting is not just a career. Interpreting is about caring about what you do, caring about the people you encounter, and continually striving to improve. KCD offers Interpreter Internships for students majoring in Sign Language Interpreting. Internships, often required by formal Interpreter Training Programs (ITPs), offer students the opportunity for skill building, mentoring, training, and real world experience. Our internship program is a great way to develop your skills and be mentored by RID Certified Interpreters. As an intern, you will better learn how to professionally handle difficult or awkward situations. It is also a wonderful opportunity to build network connections that can help you with future employment.
Letter of Interest
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- DVD showing interpreting skills
All submissions should be addressed to Craig Lemak.
On the DVD:
- Sign a brief introduction including the following:
- Where you are from
- How you became interested in interpreting
- Sample of Expressive Skills*
- Sample of Receptive Skills*
*The skill samples should be an accurate representation of your abilities. Use familiar content that is on your level, but not rehearsed.
- Application Packet due by January 5th
- Internship begins February 2nd
- Application Packet due by May 1st
- Internship begins June 1st
- Application Packet due August 1st
- Internship begins September 1st
If you have any questions, please contact Craig Lemak:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice: 865-622-2308 (through relay interpreter)
Please, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!