Staff Interpreter Position
The Staff Interpreter provides sign language interpreting in a wide range of environments and works as a team member in a multi-faceted non-profit agency. The Staff Interpreter provides consumers with high quality interpreting/transliterating services in accordance with the RID Code of Ethics and KCD’s interpreting policies and procedures. The Staff Interpreter also strives to improve individual interpreting/ transliterating skills, increase professional knowledge of deaf culture, and seek an increased level of professional certification.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Provides expressive and receptive/voice sign language interpreting (may include ASL, PSE, oral, or tactile interpreting).
2. Records and reports all necessary data for interpreting assignments.
3. Assists in office operations when in office and not committed to other duties.
4. Other duties as assigned by the CEO and/or the COO.
5. Must have reliable transportation.
Qualifications: RID Certification preferred; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Community interpreting experience desired but not required
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full Time position available
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
or send to Craig Lemak, Knoxville Center Deaf, 3731 Martin Mill Pike, Knoxville, TN, 37920
KCD is an equal opportunity employer.